Monday, July 21, 2008

Water is un-herd-able.

Today I was conned. Yes, me, the ever smarter-than-smart Border Collie. How sad. Life's an ongoing lesson they say. Well, lesson learnt. Don't, I repeat, EVER trust EVERY word that comes out from your hoomans lips. They are at best, suspicious, at worse, you will find yourself struggling to get out of a sea of blue. (Tris is just being his usual dramatic self. Ignore him)

The day started innocently enough. The hoomans were busy frapping around.. (Yes, they frap, just like us Border Collies. Only difference is we do it faster and more stylish-ish :)) I kept hearing the word "Swimming. Swimming" spoken with so much enthusiam that I almost had a spontaneous combustion right there and then! Talk about excitement x100 and square that! Me being the ever trusting me just couldn't stop drooling. Something unfathomably exciting must be coming my way! Today is my big day!

So after much ado about nothing, of which I spend most of my time herding my frapping hoomans from one room to another while they stuff towels, clothes, water bottles - the usual prelude accompaniments to PLAY - into bags, my mind went bonkers! So much stuff! Surely today will be the mother of all play days! Woo hoo! I can't wait!

So off we went! This is how excited I was! I even did a Tristan-rear-dashboard-sit-stay special in the car just to commemorate this event!
tristan sits on rear dash board

So we got to our destination. It's a place called Mutts and Mittens. I am already loving this place. So spacious! I can smell grass! I can see so many dogs. I met a huge lab called Yellow. He seems to be the resident tough guy here. He IS HUGE I'm telling you. Unfortunately Mommy did not have her camera with her, so sorry peeps, no pictures of the handsome boy. I also met some cats! And guess what? I even met one of my kind. Kingsley the BC! I heard his mommy adopted him from this very place! Awesome or what?!?

Anyhow. Whatever. Ok, back to PLAAAAAAAAAAAY! Where art thou, PLAY?

This is IT? Hmmm... Suspicious...
something is definitely happening there!

Hey! What are you doing? I can get in on my own!
tristan into the pool

What's happening here...?
what's happening there 2

Nothing! Kena conned!!
what's happening there 1

Let me out!!
shore shore

Stop being a wuss, Tris! Come back in! Water is fun! *evil grins*
shore shore!

Noooooo!!
i want to get out!

See? It's not THAT bad.......... (Just look @Tris' tortured face!)
do i look like i enjoy swimming?

If you swim hard enough, you might meet............... a friend that looks ALMOST exactly like you! (That's Tris' elder brother, Momo Taro)
tristan meets momo

Do we look like twins?!?
seeing double?


i'm on loan to momo's mommy

Ok, this is a clearer picture of him. Hmm... I get the feeling he doesn't like this water thingy too. Great Border Collie minds think alike!
look at kor kor momo!

I'm not going in anymore. Thank you very much. (Yuki :"Tris is such a wuss!")
no i'm not going in again

"Into the water, you 2 wussies!"
three's a party

"Come ON!"
look yuki the corgi!

Conclusion. I don't like H2O, no matter what the hoomans say. Water is un-herd-able so it's not my type! (excuses! excuses!) I don't care if Yuki jie jie is the reigning swim champion of the day. She is still one good wrestle on dear old beloved land!
we prefer to play on land

2 comments:

Yuki said...

Tristan, thank Dog for ur peektures!! Now I have proof to show mommy that I did swim alot! So I dont have to go AGAIN!! Do u know our mommies are planning ANOTHER Evil Doggie-Swim-Till-You-Exhaust Camp?

I totally agree with u that we doggies shd do our thing on LAND. Or Grass. Now, let's ring Momotaro & come up with a defence strategy. Meeting at 1400 at the usual hideout.

Paws Agent Yuki. A-choo!

Tristan and Braun said...

Bwahhaha! But Yuki jie jie, you are the reigning swim champion! That's what Mommy keep raving about the day after you left! Your swim-in-the-air stance totally blow all the hoomans away! Now Mommy wants to make sure I learn that on the next trip! Next trip?!?! Did I hear next trip?!? Say mad or what? Duh... Yesh.. we must come up with an alternative strategy. I will opt for the Dog Run anyday!